Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Men of the Eastwind #13

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Unknown sailor on USCGC Eastwind 1946 or 47  http://jollettetc.blogspot.com


When my dad was stationed aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Eastwind in 1946-47, he took pictures of his shipmates during tours to Thule, Greenland but didn’t provide names.  Maybe the family of these sailors will find my blog and share their story.


© 2015, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I keep hoping that the descendants of the men in some of these photos contacts you and provides details to some of these great pictures. Some of the pictures in particular just really grab me and I want to know what that person was like. Keep us posted if that happens!

    ReplyDelete