Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Men of the Eastwind #3

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Unknown sailor on USCGC Eastwind 1946 or 47


When my dad was stationed aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Eastwind in 1946-47, he took pictures of his shipmates during tours to Thule, Greenland but didn’t provide names.  Maybe the family of these sailors will find my blog and share their story.



© 2015, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.




7 comments:

  1. This young man looks like a film star, very handsome. I wonder where he is now and if life was good to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks like a kid and he probably was.

      Delete
  2. He certainly looks cheerful enough even though it was probably very cold there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! I hope some of these young men's photos are found by family.

    Thanks for the suggestion/reminder about searching both RootsWeb & GenForum. I guess I usually don't specifically search those areas, but I often run across them while doing Google or something. When I did research in the 1990's, those sites were MOST of my online research! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a lovely jaunty picture :) He looks so comfortable and happy.
    AJ @ Naturally Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo of your father! Happy and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great photo. I sure hope their families find their way to your website.

    ReplyDelete