Friday, January 29, 2021

Photo Friday - Pretty Lady


I love the expression on this beautiful woman's face. The photo is in a scrapbook that came to me from my grandaunt Helen Killeen Parker. Therefore, I wonder if this is my great-grandmother Mary Theresa Sheehan Killeen Walsh in her younger days.

Mary Theresa Sheehan Killeen Walsh
6 Jan 1869 - 18 Jul 1939

This portrait is definitely Mary Theresa. Same woman?

If not, maybe it is one of her sisters.

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a little envious of all your photos. Wendy (who am I kiddin, I'm a lot envious... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be greedy because I always think I have nothing compared to other people's photos. It's probably that other people have more formal photos than I do, more wedding photos.

      Delete
  2. I'm terrible at this but I don't think they are the same woman - the nose looks different to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good at it when it's so obvious that you wonder why anyone is asking.

      Delete
  3. I don't think it's the same woman, Wendy. The lady in the first photo looks only a little older than the young woman in the bottom photo and basked on the clothing I would guess there's at least 25-30 years between the photos. (I'm guessing the bottom photo was taken about 1885 because that's the year my great-grandmother was married and she was dressed very similarly). Don't you wish they'd written names on the backs of photos!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are very close about the date. Interesting that you think the photo on the bottom appears to be a younger woman - I guessed she was older. I have another photo of the first woman in a different pose. I need to study her clothes.

      Delete