Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Unidentified Madonna


Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.


Unidentified woman and baby Shenandoah, Virginia


While I don’t know who this woman and baby are, I believe this might be someone in the Rucker family.  My grandmother’s niece?  My grandmother’s sister-in-law? 

Do the woman’s hairstyle and coat date this photo for late 1930s? Early 1940s?  Some other time?




© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

10 comments:

  1. That sure is a happy baby!

    Have a great Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought, too. Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete
  2. Is that baby laughing or crying? I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I tend to go with Jana: I wasn't sure whether the baby was happy or letting out a holler! Whichever, he or she seems like such a naturally happy baby that no matter what it is, those upturned corners to the mouth turn it into a smile. The woman, too, looking like she has her hands full with an unexpected wiggle, seems to have a natural smile.

    Sweet picture, even if I know absolutely nothing about dating hairstyles or coat fashions.

    ReplyDelete