Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Baby with toys


Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Another sweet baby with no name.  I hope someone will find my blog and solve the mystery of this cutie patootie with doll and toy dog.  Would you date this photo from the late 1930s or early 40s, perhaps?

Unidentified baby among pictures from Jollett, Rucker, Davis, Woodring, Ryan household





© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

11 comments:

  1. I love the photo. I hope you find out who the baby is. Do you think it is a boy?? I can't make out the toys to give me a clue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing boy based on the outfit - it doesn't seem very girly. But the baby is holding a doll, so that throws me off. However, there's a toy dog, which makes me go back to "boy."

      Delete
  2. Any clues as to branch of the family? Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my family everybody becomes the custodian of a box of photos, and this picture was in a box that my mother had. She probably got it from her aunt (my great aunt) Violetta Davis Ryan. Now here's where it gets confusing. Was this possibly a photo from her husband's side of the family? Or maybe this photo was in a box of photos that she got from her sister Velma, in which case the picture could be from one of her husband's relatives. The picture could have been among the belongings of her mother, my great-grandmother, Mary Frances Jollett Davis. Too many variables!

      Delete
  3. Aww! Look at that sweet little smile. What an adorable baby. Hope you are able to identify who this little cutie is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this little attempt at "cousin bait" isn't working. But I still have to try!

      Delete
  4. Junior?
    Good luck with the identity- cute kid though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture! It's too bad that someone didn't write on the back of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! I started writing on the backs of photos years ago, but that habit died quickly. I'll be as guilty as my ancestors.

      Delete