Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Jack and Emma Coleman


Tombstone Tuesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers which asks bloggers to create a post including an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors; it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor.

Jack and Emma Coleman are buried in the Coverstone Cemetery (formerly known as EUB Church Cemetery) in Shenandoah, Virginia.  Three of their five children are also buried there.

Tombstone of Jack and Emma Jollett Coleman, Coverstone Cemetery, Shenandoah, Virginia

Jack and Emma Jollett Coleman, Coverstone Cemetery, Shenandoah, Virginia



Coleman
Andrew J.                            Emma F.
July 29, 1858                       Feb. 1, 1863
  Oct. 4, 1947                       Apr. 10, 1945



3 comments:

  1. They both lived a long life and were around (although babes) for the Civil War even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing when I noticed their ages in the 1940 census and then saw how long they lived even beyond that.

      Delete
  2. I like it when I can find a family all in one spot. Sometimes I even find someone I did not know about before!

    ReplyDelete