Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Buck and Rosa Lee Slade


Tombstone Tuesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers which asks bloggers to create a post including an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors; it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor.

Buck and Rosa Lee Lofton Slade are buried in Olive Branch Cemetery in Portsmouth, Virginia.


from Findagrave
Photo by Steve Poole

 Slade

Husband & Father
R. Buck
1915 - 1971
In loving memory

Wife & Mother
Rosa Lee
1916 - 2002
In loving memory




©2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Rosa Lee lived until 2002. I am sure Daddy attended the funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see stones that are well tended. They are pretty stones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous comment. Those stones are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! I've been enjoying catching up and learning more about the adventures of Uncle Buck. It is good to put them in back to back posts like this; it helps me to get the whole picture. I wonder why he didn't make the papers more? Maybe he just had that one bad crime (of perhaps necessity?) and then lived a quiet life.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Are you confusing Uncle Buck and William Jollett?

      Delete
  5. Wow! Rosa was a widow for 31 years! How difficult that must have been. My mom has been a widow for about 3-1/2 years now, and it's still hard for her. She misses my dad so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems on both sides of my family the men didn't live long and the women were widows forever. Sad stuff!

      Delete