Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sentimental Sunday - New York Cousins

During the month of March, I will be shining the light on my Irish roots.


Most of Mary Theresa Sheehan Killeen Walsh’s sisters remained in New York following their emigration from Limerick, Ireland. It seems that Mary Theresa made sure her children got to visit their cousins. 

Probably Johanna Sheehan Hederman
with children Catherine Hederman Fraundorf
and John Hederman

My granny Julia Walsh Slade
Elmira Christian, daughter of Delia Sheehan
and William Christian

Grace Christian, Julia Walsh, Elmira Christian

My granny Julia Walsh
Sadie Byrnes, daughter of Elizabeth Sheehan and Patrick Byrnes

Julia's sister Helen Killeen with Robert Byrnes 1919
son of Elizabeth Sheehan and Patrick Byrnes

Jack Byrnes son of Elizabeth Sheehan and Patrick Byrnes
1919

Sadie Byrnes and either Joseph or Patrick Byrnes 1919
children of Elizabeth Sheehan and Patrick Byrnes

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos. I have one - yes one - first cousin whom I'm not sure my kids have even met. Even when her older sister was alive when we were kids, we didn't see much of each other and don't have many photos together. Yes, the guy with a camera around his neck who saved everything didn't take many pictures.

    ReplyDelete