Wednesday, March 17, 2021

On This Day: Loving Irish Hands

During the month of March, I am shining the light on my Irish roots.

St Patrick’s Day is always significant for the Irish. My great-grandmother Mary Theresa Sheehan Killeen Walsh saved many greeting cards, one of which led me to her family left behind in Croom, County Limerick, Ireland.

Real shamrocks from Ireland


These 2 cards were from her niece Myra Sheehan, daughter of Mary Theresa's brother Denis Sheehan and his wife Alice. I cannot tell the dates they were sent, but it would have to have been before 1939.


Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Happy St Patrick's Day, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you have this! I liked looking at the stamp as much as the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! My granddaughter's birthday is on St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete