Friday, March 5, 2021

Photo Friday - Hyde Park

During the month of March, I will be shining the light on my Irish roots.

 


Anyone who has been following my blog for some time is well aware of my frustration with these cutie-patooties from New York. They are related to my Irish ancestors somehow.

These adorable kids holding hands were brother and sister. “John Jr and Bob” – please! I don’t know why this cute girl was called “Bob” and for the life of me I cannot figure out what it was a nickname for. If she were of German descent rather than Irish, I would guess Barbara.

Come to think of it, MAYBE the father had German roots and it is the mother who was Irish. I will have to explore that idea.

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Bronx Park! And look at all those apartment buildings in the background. Wonder whether they were visiting someone there or lived in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little ones...Love seeing them, whoever they are! Bob is also a nickname for Robert, aka Roberta. Or any variation of such.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband's aunt was Bobette - Bobbi for short.

    ReplyDelete