Friday, March 19, 2021

Photo Friday - Relatives?

During the month of March, I am shining the light on my Irish roots.

One of my favorite unidentified photos!

Because it was in a photo album passed to me through my grandaunt Helen Killeen Parker, it is very likely these folks are part of my Irish family. But who were they?

Photo was captioned
Taken in Nova Scotia Canada
I tried to convince myself that I was looking at Mary Theresa Sheehan Killeen Walsh’s brother Denis and family in Croom, County Limerick, Ireland.  However, the building does not look like what I would expect to see in Ireland although I’ve never been to Ireland so my observations are based on what I have seen online and on television, right or wrong.


 

Apparently, my great-grandmother and her children traveled to Nova Scotia around 1920, maybe earlier. The buildings in the two photos do not look exactly the same, but maybe it is just the angle. Could it be that Mary Theresa’s brother John Sheehan settled in Canada rather than New York like his sisters?

 

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Now I need to go back and look at the buildings in my photos!

    ReplyDelete