Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Frazier Mountain School

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image. Some posters also include attribute information as to the source of the image.




This is the Frazier Mountain School in Greene County, Virginia, 1917.  The picture was sent to me by John and Janet Thompson, descendents of Henry Timber Frazier, son of Miley Frazier (whom I mentioned HERE) and grandson of John and Lucy Frazier (whom I wrote about HERE). 



©2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting photo.I wonder did they know they were being photographed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty name "Henry Frazier" I LOVE this photo!

    That was so very kind of the Thompsons to provide this picture.

    I think it is just wonderful and full of charm of those sweet kids playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! I really like how it shows the children in the school yard. I was surprised how long the grass was. Until I saw this photo I never thought about how lawns weren't manicured years ago like they are today.

    ReplyDelete