Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Talented Tuesday: A Vintage Valentine

Talented Tuesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers encouraging family historians to highlight an ancestor’s special talent whether it be musical, comical, or any manner of skill.



The focus of this Talented Tuesday post is not an ancestor at all.  It is none other than MOI.  I hate to brag, but evidently I’m oozing with artistic talent.  Why else would my grandparents, Orvin and Lucille Davis, have saved this delightful handmade Valentine?





Ordinary construction paper, a little glue, and gold glitter – voila!  A masterpiece!  Small personalized hearts make this Valentine truly one of a kind.


The poem inside tugs at the ol’ heartstrings. 




Hurry Up
Get in line!
I want you to be
My Valentine!

Wendy & Mary J.


Quite honestly, I probably plagiarized that little ditty from a store-bought Valentine.  But notice how the heavy-handed exclamation points drive home the sincerity of my message.  Now THAT was my idea.


I included my baby sister’s name on the card.  I’m sure she was much too young to make her own Valentine, which dates this card at 1961 or ’62.  Vintage.

Sharing the love this Valentine's Day ~


3 comments: