Wednesday, January 4, 2012

(Almost) Wordless Wednesday: Is this a young James Franklin Jollett?

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image. Some posters also include attribute information as to the source of the image.

In my great-grandmother Mary Frances Jollett Davis’s photo album is a tintype of this man:




I’m guessing it is her father James Franklin Jollett as a young man.  I’ve compared the ears, nose, pinched brow, and hand position to the same in this photo as an old man:



What do you think?  Same man?  Can you date the earlier photo?








2 comments:

  1. What a sweet face. He is someone I wish I could have met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be the same man. The hands and the way he carries himself seems to be the same to me.

    ReplyDelete