Friday, March 29, 2013

Fearless Females: March 29 Trading Card

In celebration of Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist has presented 31 prompts to honor the “fearless females” in our family trees.

Today’s prompt:  Create a free Genealogy Trading Card at Big Huge Labs for a female ancestor. Tell us about whom you've selected and why and then post a link to what you've created.


I have chosen Mary Frances Jollett Davis as the subject for my trading card.  She was my mother’s favorite grandmother.  It was my mother’s curiosity about the Jollett family that prompted her to start working on the family genealogy, so accordingly, Mary Frances is my inspiration for this blog.

She also has the distinction of being one of the oldest in my direct line with a photo.




© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. She had very pretty eyes.

    I'm sure she'd be proud of all the work you're doing. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful young woman, nice 1890's photograph! How fortunate you are to have this photo of your great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I need to try this! Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed a beautiful photo and very fortunate to have one from around the late 1800s! I bet her stern look comes from the fact she had to stay still for quite a long time. Exposure times where quite long back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..and am I wrong in thinking you look a bit like her as well? There's something so wonderful about grandmothers as well, and not just because I am one now, but always in my heart still to this day some of my fondest memories were/are about my grandmother and especially my great-grandmother Bertha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genealogy trading cards? Now, that's a cool idea!

    She's so pretty. And I'm with Karen on this. I see a resemblance between Mary and yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is very attractive, but then, she is my 1st cousin 3x removed. :)

    ReplyDelete