Saturday, July 10, 2021

Sepia Saturday: Cat in the Hat

Sepia Saturday challenges bloggers to share family history through old photographs.


This week’s Sepia Saturday photo inspired any number of interpretations. However, I just could not resist the urge to be silly. No story, really, just photos of my grandaunt Catherine Walsh Barany – aka “Cat” – in a hat.

Cat in the middle

My great-grandmother Mary Theresa
and grandaunt Cat 
Ohh Cat fur!

My fav - Cat in THE Hat


Hats off to my fellow bloggers at Sepia Saturday!

PS - Thanks to Mr. Mike's comment from 2 Sepias ago, I updated my post because now I know "Where in the World" my grandaunt Lillie Killeen and her friend were.

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the 'cat in the hat' reference & your Grand Aunt Cat wore some interesting hats. I noticed the shoes your great grandmother, Mary Theresa, was wearing in the second photo as I used to have a pair just like them. Those white center-strap sandal heels were my favorites in spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! Women's hats were once a such a seasonal fashion that also changed styles every few years that they are useful for dating photos. I just wish I knew more of the millinery nomenclature to identify the different types and their timelines.

    And you're very welcome on Where in the World? I'm always happy to accept a challenge on photo puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of Cat and her hats...and it was neat to see the different outfits she wore. What a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection of hat photos -- and I agree with you on the last one. Cat's last hat is the most dramatic, and she also strikes such a commanding pose!

    ReplyDelete