Sunday, June 20, 2021

Good-bye Feedburner - Hello Follow.It


Several months ago, Google announced that in July it will discontinue the Feedburner service which emails blogs to subscribers. Like other bloggers, I looked for another service and have decided on Follow.it. Look for the new subscribe button in the sidebar.

If you already follow Jollett Etc through email, your address has been entered automatically, so you’re already taken care of. Please note there are 3 differences:

  1. My blog will arrive in your email from Follow.it instead of from Jollett Etc.
  2. The email arrives the day after the blog is posted. (At least that is my experience in following others.)
  3. Ads appear at the bottom of the email.

Many of my blogging friends don’t like the ads, but I did not find them offensive or intrusive. To be honest, I don’t read blogs in the email anyway. I always click on the title which takes me to the blog itself. If you find Follow.it annoying, you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a judgment-free zone.

Another option is to follow my blog through a reader such as Feedly or Bloglovin. They are free and even offer an app.

As always, thanks for reading!

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment