Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Heart Your Friends

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.


Scrapbook of Velma Davis Woodring 1924-26 Harrisonburg Teachers College






Scrapbook of Velma Davis Woodring 1924-26 Harrisonburg Teachers College


This collage of best friends arranged in a heart shape is one page from the scrapbook of my grandaunt Velma Davis Woodring.  She created this collection of photos during her freshman year at Harrisonburg Teachers College (now James Madison University – Go Dukes!).  




© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I'm sure this page—and those friends—meant a lot to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velma must have had duplicates of some photos because I recognize the faces and poses from other pictures in the book. I think the hearts say it all.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm sure this was the height of creativity in 1924.

      Delete
  3. Such a perfect post right before Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have a Friday post ready, I could have used this one, but the 12th is close enough.

      Delete
  4. Clever idea...but of course, it makes me wonder who all those people were. Any chance your grand-aunt included names???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Include names? You gotta be kidding! That would make life too easy. However, I do know MOST of the girls from other pictures in the photo album. The boys, not a one.

      Delete
  5. Be-Hearted how adorably wonderful that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fun thing for your grandmother to do but even better that you have it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Velma's friends thought she was wildly creative. Yes, I'm glad to have the scrapbook. It's certainly given me lots to write about!

      Delete
  7. I wonder if she and Violetta had scrapbook days and tables? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would have been right up Velma's alley. Violetta would have gotten bored early on.

      Delete