Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: TEAL There Is a Cure

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.


Mary Eleanor Davis Slade 2004
Mary Eleanor Davis Slade
January 6, 1929 - October 3, 2005


We had a Hawaiian theme Christmas Eve party in 2004.  It was Momma’s last Christmas.  In October 2005, the chemo treatments ceased to work. 

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, so my blog will go TEAL in her memory TEAL there is a cure. 





© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo to remember your mother. She looks so well and like she is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of your mum and a lovely way to remember her by going TEAL - let's hope a cure is found soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture of your mother, and I can see you look much like her. Such a warm smile she has here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, great photo! I hate cancer. My blog is already TEAL, but this month it is for remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother looks like a fun lady. I'm sorry she passed away at such a young age. I know, some would say that 76 is not young, but these days, I think it is. And your mom LOOKS young. I hope they find a cure soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely remembrance to go teal and a lovely photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo of your mom! Thank you for honoring her by turning your blog Teal and helping your readers become aware of Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that is a sweet picture of Momma. I'm glad your blog is TEAL, and keep your Ovarian Cancer quizzes going on FB. I always need a refresher course.

    I know you miss Momma as much as I do. =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-september.html

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete