Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Two Girls

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.


Unknown girls in album of Mary Frances Jollett Davis



This woefully faded photo is in the photo album belonging to my great-grandmother Mary Frances Jollett Davis.  I don’t know who they are.  I don’t know how to date the picture.  If it’s around 1890, then maybe the girl on the right is Mary Frances herself (1870-1950) and the other might be a sister. 

Then again, there are more “unknowns” than “knowns” in the album suggesting maybe these are from the Davis side of the family, Walter Davis’s sisters perhaps. 








© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it sad that pictures weren't labeled? Both of my grandmothers labeled a lot of our old photos which I really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My great aunts had fun with their photos writing silly captions more than they did people's names.

      Delete
  2. I like their hair. :)

    Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate having so many photos and not knowing who they are :-( Every once in awhile I stumble upon an obituary and think the photo looks familiar and then sure enough, I find the photo in a box. I hope you have some success like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging on to that thought and hoping to find some names. I love to solve a mystery, but as they say, "So many mysteries. So little time."

      Delete
  4. They certainly look young. Maybe you will find out. You have already uncovered a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look young - I bet no more than 16.

      Delete