Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: Everett and Ollie


Tombstone Tuesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers which asks bloggers to create a post including an image of a gravestone of one or more ancestors; it may also include a brief description of the image or the ancestor.

My great uncle George Everett and great aunt Ollie Coakley Rucker are buried in the Rucker family plot at the Methodist Church Cemetery in Shenandoah, Virginia.


Everett and Ollie are buried on the other side of the family marker
(upper right corner)


FATHER
George E. Rucker
1897 - 1977

In Loving Memory

 MOTHER
Ollie D. Rucker
1902 - 1985

In Loving Memory











©2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, neat new look Wendy! And the tombstones are cool too:) Summer got the best of me a bit, but it's good to be back on the blog circuit. Wishing you only good things, my friend:)M. J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking for you! (I'm getting tired of that hat in progress ;-) !) Welcome back. Can't wait to see what new projects you're working on.

      This look is only temporary as I celebrate Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in memory of my mom. It's back to dullsville in October.

      Delete
  2. Nice post dedicated to Everett and Ollie, Wendy.

    And no, your blog is anything but "dullsville."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everett and Ollie, two favorites =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their names sound like cartoon characters though. I can probably attribute that to Kukla, Fran, and Ollie. =)

      Delete