Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: A Bunch of Kids

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.


Click on image to enlarge it.

I have no information about this group of kids, but the picture is among the many photos passed down in our family.  I can’t even date the photo, so if anyone has an idea, speak up.


If this photo is from early 1900s, it could be my grandfather or his sisters in school.


If the photo is from the 1930s or later, it could be students of one of my great aunts.
 

I’m drawn to some of the funny details, like the goggles, the boy who seems to have a party blower in his mouth, and something that looks like a turkey foot. 




©2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

9 comments:

  1. Such sweet faces!

    I also noticed the thing that looks like a party blower. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look like happy students. I guess there was no "Snow Day" back then!

      Delete
  2. Hi Wendy, this is a great photo! Isn't it too bad when we don't know who is in the picture? They look happy and cute. It looks like the big guys are in the back ... are they teachers or high school students? Maybe it was everybody in a one room school house?

    See you soon!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing they're the teachers. But I can't say for sure. I bet too it was a one or maybe two room schoolhouse.

      Delete
  3. There is an army dude or some kind of military guy in the back row. Notice his pants. I wonder if this a picture of the students at the US Army base in Korea that Velma taught?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. Velma was in Korea when? Late 50s and early 60s? This picture is much older than that.

      Delete
  4. This is a pretty cool fun photo.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is a great bunch of children! Some of the hats look like they would be for flight school or something airplane related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they do! With those hats and goggles they could be right at home with Ralphie in "Christmas Story."

      Delete