Thursday, August 19, 2021

52 Ancestors - TRAGEDY: A Charmed Life

Sometimes I think I live a charmed life. I have had no personal experience with REAL tragedy. Yes, my parents and grandparents died from cancer, but that was not “tragic.” No close family has died in a fire or been a victim of a mass murder spree. I had no family in the World Trade Center in 2001. No plane crash victims either.

However, many years ago, distant relatives experienced unspeakable tragedies.

The Roberts Kids  - The toddler children of my great-grandmother’s niece were hit by a train.

Mary Alice – The daughter of my 2X great-grandfather’s great-nephew was born healthy, but infantile paralysis left her mentally and physically disabled.

Death by Fire - Several distant aunts and cousins lost children due to fire.

Real McCoy – What is more tragic than the murder of a grandmother by her own grandson?


Amy Johnson Crow continues to challenge genealogy bloggers and non-bloggers alike to think about our ancestors and share a story or photo about them. The challenge is “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.

Wendy

© 2021, Wendy Mathias. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment