Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Men of the Eastwind #21

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Unknown sailor on USCGC Eastwind 1946 or 47  http://jollettetc.blogspot.com


When my dad was stationed aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Eastwind in 1946-47, he took pictures of his shipmates during tours to Thule, Greenland but didn’t provide names.  Maybe the family of these sailors will find my blog and share their story.


© 2015, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. I have photos my uncle took in North Africa after WW2. I should post them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting photo. I wonder what he's doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. The old gadgets are hard to identify.

      Delete
  3. That is an interesting story and photo!

    ReplyDelete