Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Men of the Eastwind #20

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Unknown sailor on USCGC Eastwind 1946 or 47  http://jollettetc.blogspot.com


When my dad was stationed aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Eastwind in 1946-47, he took pictures of his shipmates during tours to Thule, Greenland but didn’t provide names.  Maybe the family of these sailors will find my blog and share their story.


© 2015, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Everytime I look at one of these pictures of the men of Eastwind, I can't help but think how much I would love it if I stumbled onto such a picture of my Dad (he was in the Navy.) Your dad captured so much. I wish he had been on the ship with my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful thing you are doing Wendy. Hopefully family members of these sailors will find your blog and see these awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it interesting just how slender all these guy are! Lots of hard work and no junk food I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pictures and love to look at the background. My dad has photos in his scrapbook that proudly boasts, "My Service Days," on the cover. There are random photos of his buddies with a name and a city. They would be around 94 now. My dad died when I was younger so I never really got to hear his war stories, I just overheard them when he talked with friends.

    ReplyDelete