Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Blessings


Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Dinner at Grandma Davis' 1964
I wrote on the back of this photo: Grandma should not have
walked in front of the camera.
Left to right: Grandma Lucille Rucker Davis, Uncle Orvin Jr (Davis),
Aunt "Scoop" Davis, just a sliver of cousin Barbara Davis,
me with that fine perm, cousin Glenn Davis

For lack of a photo, I’ve been forced to cheat.  This is actually a Christmas dinner at my Grandma’s house, but our Christmas dinner always looked like a Thanksgiving dinner:
  • Turkey
  • Dressing – both traditional and cornbread
  • Gravy
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Green beans
  • Collards
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Pumpkin pie, Apple Pie, Coconut cake


I wish for you this holiday
Good company
Good food
Good times

Happy Thanksgiving!  





© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

14 comments:

  1. Wendy, happy Thanksgiving! When you are gathered with your family remember to jot down their stories & take their picture. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's an idea! Thanx for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would not have known. I think improvise would be a better description than cheap. LOL Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kind. Your positive spin never even occurred to me.

      Delete
  4. Funny how those two meals can look so much alike. I've decided to go counter-culture and boycott Christmas dinner look-alikes :)

    Wendy, hope your Thanksgiving is a real blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. As hostess with the mostest at Christmas, I never serve turkey. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. And Happy Thanksgiving to YOU!!!
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, by what you wrote on the back of your photo, can I take it then that your Grandma "photobombed" your picture?

    Wendy, I hope you and yours have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha -- yes, I guess she did. I love that word.

      Delete
  7. Nice photo, even if Grandma walked in front of the camera. Hope you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Grandma walked in front of the camera. That was so HER-making sure everyone was eating, food was passed around and everyone enjoying her wonderful cooking. I missed her fried chicken and chicken gravy!

    ReplyDelete