Monday, October 31, 2011

Mystery Monday: Trick or Treat?

Mystery Monday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks us to share mystery ancestors or mystery records – anything in our family history research which is currently unsolved.  With any luck fellow genealogy bloggers will lend their eyes to what has been found so far and possibly help solve the mystery.

The TRICK is that this post is not a mystery at all.  I just needed a place on Geneabloggers to put it.


The TREAT is these 2 funny photos of my parents at a Halloween party in 1959. The women had to dress as men, and the men had to dress as women.  Ooooh, they were a frisky bunch back then!

Here is Momma, Mary Eleanor Davis Slade (1929-2005).



My sister had just been born in January, but look how slim and trim Momma was already. 

And here's Daddy, Fred Robert Slade, Jr. (1928-2009).  Now we know what he would have looked like with hair!


I wonder where Daddy got that dress.  It couldn’t be Momma’s – she wasn’t that big. 

What were they reading?  Maybe they were playing Charades. 


Happy Halloween, Everyone!  I’m off to see if I can SCARE up anymore ancestors!


2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was Granny's dress? hahahaha! I had forgotten about these pictures!

    AND that looks like me!

    ReplyDelete