Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Gone to the Dogs #11

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Dog on Farragut Street, Portsmouth, VA mid 1940s http://jollettetc.blogspot.com
my mother's family dog mid 1940s
when they lived on Farragut Street in Cradock, Portsmouth, Virginia


Counting down the number of photos of dogs in my collection

(I've changed the title since it is no longer summer!)




© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Dogs were obviously were apparently just part of the family. (as is so often the case with pet owners) and earned their place in the family photo album. While not all of my childhood dogs were dear to my heart, we had one that stood out and he truly was just one of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have many photos of our dogs but one of my favorites is my daughter with our dog in a field of daisies when she was about 18 months....perhaps one day it will be in a Dog Days theme....but it WILL be known who she is because I have written on the back of the photo :)

    I totally love the homes in this photo...I am sure the dog did too...no leash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He reminds me a lot of our family dog, Bambi. We though that he was part Besingi and part pit. Your Mom's dog looks proud, well loved, and like he didn't run away.

    Hugs,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks very serious, Wendy. All business. Did your mom ever talk about this dog's personality or tell any stories about her? It's nice she didn't have to be on a lead. (Were dogs better behaved in those days or were people more tolerant?)

    ReplyDelete