Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: Are These the Knights?

Wordless Wednesday is a daily prompt at Geneabloggers that asks family historians to create a post in which the main focus is a photograph or image.

Possibly Leanna Jollett Knight and James Mitchell Knight Greene County, Virginia

I wonder if this could be my great-grand aunt Leanna Jollett Knight (1867-1936) and her husband James Mitchell Knight (1866-1942) who lived in Greene County, Virginia.  There are so few pictures of her as a young woman, yet my great grandmother Mary Frances Jollett Davis had pictures of her other brothers and sisters.

© 2014, Wendy Mathias.  All rights reserved.


  1. I hope you're able to solved this mystery. :)

    I love these old-time photos.

  2. Whoever she was, she certainly looked tall, standing alongside her seated husband.

  3. I wonder what the occasion was for taking this photo. And what was that stack of papers (or is it a book?) next to her hand on the table?

  4. She looks quite stern. And I agree that she looks tall next to her seated husband. Interesting that the man is seated while the woman stands.

  5. Wendy,

    I have forwarded this picture to a Great-Grandson of James & Leanna Knight. He will show this to his dad (grandson of J. & L. Knight). Will let you know if he recognizes the picture.


    1. I hope they recognize the picture. Thanks!

    2. Unfortunately, they say this is not James Mitchell Knight. Sorry, hope you find out the names of these folks.

    3. At least I can eliminate the Knights. Thanks for checking on that for me.